- 2 cups Sunbest Raw Cashew Pieces, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; from about 2 small lemons
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 28 ounce canned tomatoes and green chiles
1. Add the drained soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, salt and nutritional yeast to a high powered blender. Drain the juice from the tomatoes and green chiles and add the liquid to the blender as well (don't add the tomatoes and green chiles yet). Blend on high for a few minutes until very smooth.
2. Add the "cheese" sauce and the Rotel tomatoes and green chiles to a medium pot. Stir well and warm gently over low-medium heat. Be careful not to burn the queso; stir frequently while warming. The mixture will thicken slightly.
3. Serve while warm with tortilla chips and enjoy!