A great quick and healthy appetizer - whip it up ahead of time!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked white kidney beans
- 1/4 cup Sunbest sun-dried tomatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Saute onions in the oil in a pan over high heat until they start to brown, about five minutes. Add garlic until fragrant, about 3-5 more minutes. Add water 1 tbsp at a time, if needed, to deglaze and prevent burning.
- Add cooked mixture and all remaining ingredients, except chives, to a food processor. Blend until well combined and desired texture is achieved. Stir in chives by hand.
- Enjoy immediately, or cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld.