Pistachios add an unexpected crunch and salty twist to this delicious dessert!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package fudge brownie mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 (11.5oz) package milk chocolate chips, melted
- 2/4 cup Sunbest Turkish Pistachios Roasted & Salted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, mixing well.
- Press onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1" baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg until blended.
- Spread brownie batter over hot crust. Bake until center is set, 14-16 minutes. Cool completed in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over top, sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set and cut into bars.