☼2 cups pearl barley, soaked
☼½ cup Sunbest Dried Apricots overnight and drained
☼¼ cup Sunbest Slivered Almonds
☼1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked
☼½ cup Sunbest Walnuts overnight and drained
☼½ cup Sunbest Peanuts
☼1 cup dried white beans, soaked
☼½ cup Sunbest Flax Seeds overnight and drained
☼¼ cup Sunbest Sesame Seeds
☼1tsp finely grated orange zest
☼¼ cup Sunbest Turkish Pistachios
☼10 Sunbest Cloves
☼½ cup Sunbest Raisins
☼2 cups of Sunco Raw Sugar
☼½ cup Sunbest Dried Figs
☼½ cup pomegranate seeds, removed
☼1 Sunbest Cinnamon Sticks
1. Place barley in a large pot with 2 quarts + 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, covered. Turn off heat, and let sit overnight.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
3. Fill pot with 2 quarts of water. Water should come to about 1 inch below the rim.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for one hour.
5. Remove from heat, fill bowls and cool, or transfer to a large storage container to cool. 6. Refrigerate and serve cold. Top with chopped walnuts, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds, if desired.