1st you need to know how to puff amaranth before we head off to make this gooey tasty treat but with more nutrients.
Remember! ¼cup Raw Amaranth = 1½ Popped Amaranth
1. Heat a small/medium pot over med-high/high heat.
2. Add a drop of water & if it boils instantly you pot is hot enough.
3. Once hot, add in 1-2 tbsp raw amaranth, then cover with a lid and quickly slide the pot back and forth just above the burner. It should start popping within 1-3 seconds and finish within 10-15 seconds. It burns very quickly!
4. Empty in a bowl, heat pot for 15 seconds & repeat process.
5. Once you’ve made desired amount let it cool down. Store in a container in the fridge for several weeks.
Pin this to remember for later :D
Amaranth Krispie Treats
☼4 tablespoons butter
☼10 oz. marshmallows
☼6 cups popped Amaranth
☼handful of sprinkles, optional
1. In a large mixing bowl, measure out the popped amaranth and set aside. Lightly butter a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside as well.
2. In a large pan, melt the butter over low/medium heat.
3. Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir with a heatproof rubber spatula as they melt. As soon as they are melted, pour over the amaranth and stir so all the pieces get coated with the marshmallow.
4. Transfer to the baking dish and use the rubber spatula to press into place. Toss the sprinkles over the top and lightly press into the treats.
5. Allow to cool before cutting.