This classic recipe with poppy seeds is my absolute favorite. Now that I'm older I can bake this classic treat at home. Its nice with a tall glass of milk or tea.
☼ 2½ cups sugar
☼ 3 eggs
☼ 11/8 cups oil
☼ 1½ cups milk
☼ 2 teaspoons lemon juice
☼ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
☼ 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
☼ 3 Tablespoons Poppy seeds
☼ 3 cups flour
☼ ½ teaspoon salt
☼ 1½ teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Add oil and milk and whisk until well blended.
3. Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest and poppy seeds and whisk until well incorporated.
4. Add flour, salt and baking powder and whisk until well incorporated.
5. Pour into bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until done.