These are delicious made with fresh corn on the cob, but frozen corn will work too!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or thawed)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Sunbest Calendula Petals (about six blossoms)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture in small increments, alternating with buttermilk.
- Add corn, cheese, and calendula petals and stir until just combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.