Refreshing and cool during the summer - close your eyes and you'll feel like you're in a tropical paradise!
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Sunbest Dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled + finely chopped, or grated (for more flavor)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 4-5 cups fresh watermelon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot. Remove from heat and add the hibiscus flowers, ginger, honey and mint leaves. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain into a blender and discard the used hibiscus flowers, ginger and mint.
- Add watermelon and lemon juice, blend until smooth. Strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer or a cheesecloth. Squeeze out all the juice and discard the watermelon pulp.
- Divide the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 1 hour. Remove and insert popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To remove the popsicles, run the mold under hot water for 10 seconds and then pull the popsicles out of molds. Store in the freezer.