Cloves (Whole)Sunco & Frenchie
Cloves are a dried flower of a tree and have a bright, spicy flavor. Nowadays cloves are widely used in a variety of national cuisines and frequently add their flavor and aroma to hot beverages like tea and wine.
Cloves are frequently paired with lemon and sugar to make tea or can be stuck into an orange, pear or apple for steeping or aromatic purposes. Vanilla, allspice and anise also pair well with cloves.
Cloves are thought to be able to fortify the kidney internally and be generally “warming” to the middle. Clove oil was used topically to ease muscles in traditional medicine. They are used in pickles, drinks, curries and meats for it's rich flavor and for it's high oil content. Health Benefits: Soothes Toothache, Improves Respiratory Conditions, Stops Bad Breath, Treats Nausea and Vomiting.
OK Kosher Certified
• For longer lasting product, please keep refrigerated for up to 16 months.
• It must be stored in an airtight sealed bag/container at all times to maintain freshness and to avoid humidity and external flavors.
SPICED CHAI MIX RECIPE
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 SUNBEST teaspoon ground cloves
- In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: about 5 cups mix (26 servings).