Bulgur Cracked WheatSunco & Frenchie
Bulgur Cracked Wheat
Bulgur is low in fat, high in minerals like manganese, magnesium and iron, plus it's a good source of plant-based protein. On top of this, bulgur wheat provides a very good dose of the dietary fiber you need for digestive and heart health — over 25 percent of your daily needs in every one-cup serving. Bulgur wheat has a slightly nutty flavor and is tender when prepared. Bulgur wheat is often found in recipes for salads, pilafs, burgers, meatballs, and casseroles. You can also use it in soups, breads, pies, and stuffings. In general, bulgur wheat can be used as one would use any other grain, and can be substituted for rice and couscous.
- Quick cook, it is excellent for pilafs, soups, baked goods, stuffing, casseroles, and salads.
- 100% Whole Grain Bulgur is low in fat and has a mild, nutty flavor.
- USDA guidelines recommend eating at least 3 servings of whole grains every day.
- Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher Certified
• For longer lasting product, please keep refrigerated for up to 16 months.
• It must be stored in an airtight sealed bag/container at all times to maintain freshness and to avoid humidity and external flavors.
BULGUR CRACKED WHEAT BREAD
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons Bulgur cracked wheat
- 3/4 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- In a saucepan, bring the water and Bulgur cracked wheat to a boil; boil for 6 minutes. Drain; cool for 15 minutes. Place all ingredients, including Bulgur cracked wheat, in bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of warm buttermilk or flour if needed.Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).