Australian Poppy Seeds (Whole, Blue) Limited EditionSunco & Frenchie
Australian Poppy Seeds (Whole, Blue) Limited Edition
Poppy seeds add color and crunch to baked goods, but you'll also gain nutrients, even from the amount sprinkled on top of a roll. They contain some niacin and folate, but poppy seeds are a better source of minerals. Just 1 teaspoon provides measurable amounts of calcium, iron and zinc.
• For longer lasting product, please keep refrigerated for up to 16 months.
• It must be stored in an airtight sealed bag/container at all times to maintain freshness and to avoid humidity and external flavors.
POPPY SEED CHEESE BREAD (Whole Blue)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon Austalian poppy seeds(whole Blue)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, mustard and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the cheese, onion and poppy seeds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).